My Holiday Beauty Essentials

6:39 pm

I'm going to Skiathos in Greece in five days, so I thought I would put together a little blog post about some of my holiday beauty essentials I like to take abroad with me, in case any of you lovely people are also going away and have no idea what to pack, beauty wise!

Not my photo, found on Pinterest.



Skincare

Suncream, obviously. There is nothing worse than sunburnt, peeling skin, so suncream is a must to keep your skin protected from the sun.

I love to wear a shimmery body oil like the Cocoa Brown Golden Goddess Shimmering Body Oil in the evenings to enhance my tan and give me a healthy, shimmering glow to the skin.

Lip balm with added SPF is a must have to keep your lips hydrated and protected from the sun all day long. I really like the Palmers Cocoa Butter Ultra Moisturising Lip Balm with SPF 15.

I always seem to end up taking a body moisturiser containing coconut in it, I just love the smell of coconut! To me, it is a really "summery" smell. This year I'm taking the Body Shop Coconut Body Butter.

I also always take an Aftersun with me. I really like the Nivea After Sun Bronze Tan Prolonging Lotion as it really helps to soothe the skin after being in the sun all day and it also helps to enhance your tan and make it last much longer.


Hair

Shampoo & Conditioner. I like to wash my hair every evening when I'm on holiday to make it feel fresh after sunbathing all day long! I like to get a shampoo and conditioner which contains Argan Oil, so it feels silky soft and it gets that little bit extra nourishment.

Hair ties are a must when I'm on holiday, as I can't bear to wear my hair down during the day, it's just far too hot for that.

I always take a hair oil with me like the Moroccanoil Treatment to keep the ends of my hair hydrated and help keep my frizz under control in the humidity.


Makeup

Bright lips are an essential for me for summer evenings, I always like to take a couple of bright lipstick options with me abroad. I really like the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in Zest. This is a really gorgeous, bright coral coloured liquid lipstick, which stays on all evening, so matter how much you eat or drink. I also try to only take liquid lipsticks abroad with me, as you don't have to worry about them melting in the heat!

Rather than wearing a foundation in the evenings, I always prefer to wear a BB Cream as they feel much more lightweight on the skin than a foundation. I also find that my skin doesn't get as oily when I wear a BB Cream.

I always wear a waterproof mascara during the day when I'm on holiday as I don't want sea water or sweat (ew) ruining my eye makeup and having it run down my cheeks!


Other

I always like to carry a packet of baby wipes around in my beach bag. When I'm sunbathing, I like to give my face a quick wipe just to freshen up and wipe off any excess sweat! Gross I know, but it makes me feel so much fresher. You could also use them all over your body just to freshen up during the day.

Fresh, summer fragrance. This year I'm taking the Next Sparkle Azure Body Mist with me, which is a beautiful, fresh floral accord with aquatic and white musk tones. The mist also contains a shimmer, so when you spray it on to your body, you look all shimmery and gorgeous!

What are your holiday beauty essentials?

Love Amy x

Instagram: amyguest_
Twitter: amyguest_
Snapchat: amysguest
Pinterest: amysguest

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Such a great scenery. Great post!
    Good vibes, FOX
    check out my latest VLOG and my blog
    www.rochellefox.com.au

    ReplyDelete