Maybelline Dream Velvet Foundation

8:32 am


As a young teenager, I used to slather on the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse like there was no tomorrow. I loved it. To be honest, I think every teenage girl did. However, as I got older, I outgrew my young, teenage beauty products (and habits!) and actually started to wear makeup which suited my skin type etc etc. 

When Maybelline bought out this Dream Velvet Foundation I was super excited to get my hands on it and try it out. 

This is a gel-whipped foundation, which contains water so your skin feels hydrated for up to 12 hours. But wait? It's also a soft-matte finish? Is that even possible? Maybelline has made it possible and created their first hydrating, soft-matte finish foundation. That's right, this foundation is suitable for both dry skin individuals and also oily skin individuals!

This is the foundation I love to use for daily wear. When applied, it gives you a really good, not too heavy coverage, which feels really light on the skin. I use my beauty blender to apply and it blends out so easily and really gives me a flawless finish, which also feels velvety-soft on the skin. 

I have a combination skin type, so this foundation hydrates the dry areas of my face, but also mattifies the oiler areas, but doesn't leave my skin looking dull or flat. It just looks really natural on the skin and brightened my entire face up. 

This foundation is also super long-lasting, you can wear it for hours without needing any touch-ups. I wear this for work so I can wear it up to 10 hours a day and with a little setting powder, it really does stay on all day.

Have you tried this foundation yet? What do you think?

Love Amy x

Instagram: amyguest_
Twitter: amyguest_
Snapchat: amysguest

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this foundation! it wears better than a lot of higher end ones! Slap a different name on it and put it in fancier packaging... i'd pay the inflated price!

    http://www.mytwopence.com/

    ReplyDelete